Thursday 7 March 2013

Having finally returned home, I've turned my attention to creating this blog. I'm not sure how it will go. I may yet try a tumblr. We'll see. In the meantime I'm having a beer and listening to a record called What The Brothers Sang, an album of Everly Brothers songs, performed as duets by Bonnie 'Prince' Billy and Dawn McCarthy. It's lovely. Will Oldham, the man behind the B'P'B pseudonym sings often of the transcendental  nature of music, and indeed of the life-force within songs themselves. It's a wonderful thing to experience, either through being part of an audience, enthralled at a show, or as performer, alone with your voice and guitar intertwined as instruments. I tend to believe that the most fulfilling experience occurs as part of a group, where when things are going well, be it for periods as small as seconds or minutes, you all exist on a higher, separate level from the audience, outside of time.

No comments:

Post a Comment